Balance & Strength Exercises for Seniors: 9 Practices, with Traditional Exercises, and Modified Tai Chi, Yoga & Dance Based Movements.
G (General Audience)
White Cliff Productions
Buy from Amazon.com
As of 5:13:29 PM - Details
You save: $0.00!!
Improve your balance, strength, and overall fitness while enjoying the beauty of Glacier National Park! This dvd has 9 completely different practice sessions, each 8 to 31 minutes long. The practices draw upon the best traditional exercises, tai chi based movements specifically developed to improve balance in older adults, modified yoga poses, and easy dance-based stepping movements. Your balance will be challenged in many different ways to help you move safely with grace and confidence. All movements are taught in mirror image with clear easy-to-follow instructions and demonstrations. All practices are done standing except where indicated.
The practices are:
• Chair-seated practice to gently strengthen your entire body (17 min.)
• Classic stationary balances performed holding onto a chair for support & seated core-strength work (31 min.)
• Practical walking balances & dance-based stepping movements to improve your ability to react quickly and improve cardiovascular health, performed using a chair for support (16 min.)
• More challenging walking & stepping balances, without a chair (18 min.)
• Leg strength exercises (13 min.)
• Upper-body seated strength & mobility exercises (12 min.)
• Lower body stretches (13 min.)
• Tai Chi easy full-body mobility practice (17 min.)
• Tai Chi practice with 8 forms, similar to traditional tai chi, but modified to make it easier to learn and to emphasize the balance improving aspects of tai chi (8 min.)
• Also includes a separate short (3-7 minute) tutorial for learning each of the 8 tai chi forms.
Designed and taught by expert instructor Jane Adams. Good balance and a strong body are essential for living an active, independent life and to prevent falls. Jane's goal in producing this was to bring together the most helpful balance & strength exercises for seniors in one affordable dvd.