Criterion Collection: Salo Or 120 Days of Sodom
Unrated (Not Rated)
Buy from Amazon.com
As of 9:22:00 AM - Details
You save: $6.00!!
Paolo Bonacelli, Giorgio Cataldi, Aldo Valletti
The notorious final film from Pier Paolo Pasolini (Mamma Roma), Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom, has been called nauseating, shocking, depraved, pornographic . . . It s also a masterpiece. The controversial poet, novelist, and filmmaker s transposition of the Marquis de Sade s eighteenth-century opus of torture and degradation to Fascist Italy in 1944 remains one of the most passionately debated films of all time, a thought-provoking inquiry into the political, social, and sexual dynamics that define the world we live in.
DVD SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- High-definition digital restoration
- Salo : Yesterday and Today, a thirty-three-minute 2002 documentary featuring interviews with director Pier Paolo Pasolini, actor-filmmaker Jean-Claude Biette, and Pasolini friend Ninetto Davoli
- Fade to Black, a twenty-three-minute 2001 documentary featuring directors Bernardo Bertolucci, Catherine Breillat, and John Maybury, as well as scholar David Forgacs
- The End of Salo, a forty-minute documentary about the film s production
- Video interviews with set designer Dante Ferretti and director and film scholar Jean-Pierre Gorin
- Optional English-dubbed soundtrack
- Theatrical trailer